The 17th annual American Conservation Film Festival was held October 4 to 6 and 11 to 13 in Shepherdstown, WV, and we just wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who made it our most successful festival yet.
It is so gratifying to be in a community that truly cares about conservation issues, both local and global. YOU are the reason we are dedicated to curating and presenting the most compelling, awe-inspiring, contemporary films about the issues affecting our planet and our lives.
This year, with your support, we:
• Screened 39 films on a broad diversity of topics including wildlife and habitat preservation, climate change, sustainable agriculture, and corporate and consumer responsibility at the festival.
• Shared 23 films on topics ranging from water and air quality issues to environmental activism with over 1,400 people at 12 special events in Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.
• Awarded 8 films and filmmakers with cash prizes to acknowledge and perpetuate their work.
• Brought 18 filmmakers and special guests to the festival to add their presence and perspectives to the festival experience.
• Educated and inspired kids to appreciate nature through special film screenings and an insect “petting zoo.”
• Brought together 26 aspiring and seasoned filmmakers with 9 media experts to learn, share, and connect at the 8th Conservation Filmmaker Workshop. Provided 6 tuition scholarships for student filmmakers.
• Inspired a sense of community, curiosity, and action centered on conservation.
Thank you to our hosts, Shepherd University and the National Conservation Training Center, our 24 sponsors, our fantastic volunteers, our program advertisers, our courageous filmmakers, Shepherdstown police and businesses, our partner organizations, and our loyal and passionate audience members. We all came together to support and enjoy a thought-provoking and heart-opening festival experience.
We already have a great line-up of events planned around the region for 2020 and an ongoing mission of making the festival better and better every year. The strength and impact of ACFF is dependent on the generosity and interest of our community. Thank you so much for your support.
on behalf of the Board and Staff of the American Conservation Film Festival