HILLSBORO, Virginia – A new construction project has completely closed Virginia Route 9 through the Town of Hillsboro on weekdays for the next 30 days, according to town officials.
Meanwhile, roadway closings for the ReThink9 project are expected to end completely in May.
Starting this past Tuesday, Route 9 opened to two-way traffic through town on these days and times:
• Saturdays and Sundays for 24 hours
• Mondays through Thursdays from 12 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. to 9 a.m. the following day
• Fridays from 12 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. until the following Monday at 9 a.m.
Alternatively, the project will close Route 9 to all traffic through town on these days and times:
• Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Route 9 will remain open to two-way traffic on weekends during the new construction schedule.
After the new monthlong construction schedule ends, Route 9 will remain completely open to traffic while other remaining project work continues through March 2022.
A full closure of the roadway previously planned this spring will be avoided, Hillsboro officials reported.
For more information, visit the website ReThink9.com.